Sunday, September 19, 2021

Smallness

 You know when you walk into a room and everybody just seems…small?  Like you know they’re trying to project it onto you and make you look and feel small, but because you have no intentions of harming anyone, they look small to you?  And like, you can tell that’s what their doing, but they’r just so small that they don’t think you can see it in them?  


Do you forgive those people?  Is it worth it to leave them alone forever?  I’ve always read that happiness is the best revenge, but… if you don’t want revenge and you just want understanding, do you bother to give them mental space and energy?  Or ponder their issues or pray for them?

You know that pain is borne of pain, and every family has its dysfunction, but when you can recognize it off the bat, do you ever acknowledge they mattered at any point?

My guess is, if success is what you want, and God-given joy, then no.

I have literally been around extended in-laws who are so uncultured they will laugh when someone tells them I’m a writer…because to them the idea that a woman would be anything but a wife and mother at all is a fiction to them, because of their backwardness and their lack of intellectual responsibility, which is CLEARLY NOT MY FAULT BUT THEIRS.  Or in-laws who laugh at my fashion choices because…I don’t know…they’ve never known anyone cultured or interesting in their life.  (Read: would drown in a big city) See I was raised not to laugh at women.  Call it privilege (or Christianity, to stab you with your own proverbial sword), but these are the things we’re taught in the big great beyond! Learn, fast.  I am IMMUNE to laughter that comes in a vindictive spirit and you will literally NEVER have power or control over me or anything I or my family will do.  Period.  So get off the high horse.  And if you’re reading this,  stop reading young women’s blogs….this shit is personal AF and not for thine eyes.  


Smallness.  Recognize it.  Avoid people who possess it.  They are probably very broken, so don’t touch any of it with a ten foot pole.

If you can’t handle my advice, maybe it’d be best to locate other, better suited friends and family?